[RC] packing a trailer - Alice Yovich

I have a new 4 horse, 16 foot stock trailer. IT’s a bumper pull. IT has a tack compartment, manger, middle divider that goes top to bottom and a removable center divider in the front.

 My old trailer was just an open two horse stock so there was only one way to pack a trailer:  all my stuff went in the truck and my horses and some hay went in the trailer.

Now I have a new configuration to figure out. I would love to be able to put all my stuff in the front and then my horses in the back, but it seems like that would be a recipe for fishtailing.  I have thought about putting one horse on one side of the front, stuff on the without the horse and then one horse in the back since that will be better for weight. Obviously, it’s not a good plan to put a lot of stuff behind the horses, even though it’s better for weight.

Suggestions?

Alice Yovich, LMT

Massage Therapist

Arlington, TX (reg 4)