Re: [RC] tying up - jen

I just want to say thanks to everybody who responded with advice and encouragement to me after my horse tied up.  He is doing very well now but his muscle enzyme AST was still elevated 3 weeks after the ride.  I want to send a special thanks to Renie for sending my email along to Dr. JOhn Ellery.  Also, thanks to Dr. John for calling me and taking the time to ask questions, answer questions and explain what is known and what is being done to figure out a way to help.  Hopefully, we will get another chance to try this LD thing again.
Jen, Banjo, and Solus (new TWH/SSH) who has only had 4 rides so far and one of them included bucking me off....:)))
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, May 05, 2007 2:02 PM
Subject: tying up

I think Susan Garlinghouse has some websights on diets controlling for horses that tie up.  Hi fat low starch, no green grass.  etc... It takes a several months on those diets to change the way they metabolize.   You did the right thing turning around.. I have a mare who took 11 liters of IV fluids to pee clear... $500 vet bill.   I havent had the courage to ride her in a end. ride since.

Good luck
susan Butler