Re: FW: [RC] re: Barbaro - D'Arcy Demianoff-Thompson

Let me make this absolutely clear:  The owner's don't
give a damn what 'public opinion' has to dictate about
their horse!  That is unbelievably reckless and
irresponsible, to suggest, the owners' decision making
policy is dictated by what the "public" is going to
think or say!

Please, people, do yourselves a favor!  Get to know
the body of people you are talking about, discussing,
and most assurdedly projecting false accusations
against, BEFORE, you write about them!

One last thing - do yourselves an even bigger favor -
go to New Bolton and see FIRST HAND what Barbaro is
all about!  Is he in pain - yes!  Is he ready to give
up - absolutely not - or he would have!  Anyone that
has been through a similar situation is this - KNOWS
when the horse wants to go!

--- "Curtis, Laura (LauraCurtis)"
<LauraCurtis@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am with Cindy, Maya, and others who think it's
time to let the poor
horse go and end his suffering.  I personally think
it is a gift we
humans have with regard to animals in our care that
we can end their
suffering painlessly and quickly.  No one has to be
intimately involved
in his care to see the horse is suffering and has
been since his injury.
Plus, now the owners are in a very awkward position
because there is so
much public attention and 'get well Barbaro'
chanting going on.  And as
Maya so elequontly put, it takes courage to do the
right thing with an
animal we love.