[RC] winter blanketing - Lucinda Carpe

Hi,
I tried to search the archives, no luck...computer glitch I think..
anyway....I live in the high desert. California...we are to have temps to 17 and sleet this wknd. My horses live in a little two and a half acre pasture. They have shelters and windbreaks. they have not been blanketed all winter. My old mare 15 is from the Tehachapi area and had snow up there and never been blanketed. my gelding who is 8 has a long shaggy coat...not blanketed at all the past three winters...
I am worried about the low temps with rainy snow conditions..should I get out the blankets?
Or just tough it out.
Lucinda
You can e-mail privately so as to avoid clogging ridecamp with probably the 100th query on this topic this year...ha ha...

<\___~
  //   \\