Fwd: Re: [RC] RULES, RULES, RULES Was 30 minute rule - marshall Bates

Note: forwarded message attached.

Cheap talk?
http://voice.yahoo.com
--- Begin Message ---
I apologize if some of you took offense at this post.
I also ride non Arabs and haven't had problems pulsing
down even at some of the toughest and hottest rides
here in the southeast( and before anyone berates me
most of them have been LDs but what the heck, I had to
start somewhere) and my wife also rides mostly non
Arabs with similar results at longer distances.
I fully agree that proper conditioning is essential.
From my experience of many years as a pulse taker
generally speaking Arabs have better recovery times.
I would hate to see us lose a lot of entries from
folks with a little longer recovery time because of a
rule change that "might" be positive.
Now another little tidbit for thought. Is the horse
whose pulse drops to acceptable parameters in 29
minutes after being fawned over by a slew of crew
people dumping 50 gallons of ice water on it in better
condition than the horse the comes down in 32 minutes
without all the help? Maybe we should outlaw anything
other than the rider sponging the horse with ambient
temperature water to see who is REALLY in condition.
Take a deep breath and relax- this is sarcasm.
Marsh the muleman

"...2) Has anyone thought of the fact that dropping
the
pulse rate and times will virtually eliminate many
breeds from competition? This proposal sounds to me
virtually like an Arab only rule..."