[RC] PVC Vinyl Strips on Stalls??? - Karla Watson

Anyone use PVC Vinyl Strips hanging from the outside doorway of stalls? I've seen them before and wondered how safe they are for horses. Do they chew them or are they strong enough to resist most chewing? They look ideal for keeping weather and flies out of walk in stalls. I have 2 walk in stalls that get lots of wind and blowing rain.
-----------Karla Watson/VERY wet and cold Oregon