RE: [RC] Punishing Pulls - Jim Holland

Kim, we already have in place a system that distinguishes between
"Metabolic" and "Rider Option - Metabolic". If the rule simply encouraged
riders to "Rider Option - Metabolic" out early rather than get a metabolic
pull, wouldn't that accomplish the goal?

Kim, I did the same thing with Magic...I knew he was going to be a basket
case for the first few rides, so I entered him for "training" with no
intention of finishing.  He needed that.  Actually, there is a "hole" in
AERC's pull codes in this area. If I am OK to continue and my horse is
judged "Fit to Continue" and I quit anyway, what pull code is appropriate?
By definition, there isn't one. Maybe we need a "Rider Choice"?

I believe the HWC and our BOD could write a rule that would address all the
concerns you bring up here. I believe even a SMALL, very limited rule in
this area would be worthwhile, but AERC will not even CONSIDER such a rule.

Jim, Sun of Dimanche+, and Mahada Magic

Richard T. "Jim" Holland
Three Creeks Farm
175 Hells Hollow Drive