Re: [RC] [RC] [RC] Hoof boots-setting the record straight about Renegades - Lori Bertolucci

Hi Raven.
I'm a little late getting back to this thread about the Renegades.
I am not certain where you have received your erroneous information about the Renegade Boots, but since you didn't say where, I can only assume it may have been someone who would rather not see the Renegades in production.
I had the pleasure of meeting the developer of the boot at a ride a short time ago, and he told me he is selling only to hoof care practitioners at this time and are flooded with orders selling this way and that is why they have not opened sales to the general public yet.
He is not involved in litigation or court in any way whatsoever and any statement made to the contrary is false and defamatory. You might want to let your source know this....
The boot simply works too good, and the demand is too high  and they aren't made in China, mass produced, where quality control could be an issue.
If you want to see for yourself how well the boot is performing, look at the recent posts at www.renegadehoofboots.com/news.html
The developer also told me he is working hard to increase the production volume so he may eventually release them to the general public.

You also made comment about how the boot is open and would allow dirt in...well that same design also lets dirt and water out. That isn't something you see in most other boots.

So, for those who wanted the "rest of the story"  :) there it is...

Happy to set the record straight,

Lori B.

Raven <iceponygoddess@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> would love to get a hold of a pair of Renegades myself...if anyone
knows fess up!!

Hi Juli,
Here's what I know. I was told that they are currently not available
to the general public. When they are ready to sell, you will need to
buy them through a natural hoof trimmer.

They are $150.00 (per pair) + shipping. Seems like a bit much for a
product that is still being "tested".

The boots like and look like "jelly shoes"....remember those? To me,
the bottom felt oily...shiny.

I didn't like the fact that the bottom was hinged like clam. IMHO...if
you didn't line the hinged part correctly, you might have a gap
between the heel section and the "gaiter" section, which would allow
dirt into the boot.

I also didn't like the fact that the only thing that holds the boot on
are two velcor straps. What happens when the velcor gets dirtier and
useless? They did send an extra velcor strap, but how often will you
need to replace them?

A few months ago, when I called the company to ask how many miles I
would get out of a boot, I was told about 500 miles. I think this may
be less than Easy Care???

I did not try these boots, only looked at them and put them on my
horse. They were too big.

When I ordered the pair, I requested purple or black. They sent a ugly
maroon color. Was told that the purple fades quickly to black in sunny
conditions.

I did fact the fact that they were easy to put on. Open them up, place
on hoof, velcor down and go.

I decided to go with Easy Care Epics instead. I have more confidence
in a proven product.

Should you decide to try a pair, please do report back to us.

Raven
Lucy & Molly, the Girl Doggies
Huginn, the American Ice Pony
Dixie Chic, the Barn Goddess

Respect ALL Earthlings. We are all animals of this planet. We are all creatures.