Re: [RC] Mare's gestation period - Sisu West Ranch

Marla went 369 days this spring.  She was impregnated by one dose of AI so we know the conception day right on.

Our neighbor, who raises Paints as Spotted Fawn Paints, says that she has heard from all over the world that foals are late this year, and a preponderance of colts.

When I was first into horses a vet at a clinic was asked how you tell when a mare will foal.  He said that you have your opinion, he has his, the mare thinks she knows, but in reality "God only knows".

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875