RE: [RC] Biting horse - Jim Holland

Absolutely.  I have cured MANY horses from this habit with exactly this response.  This is an old John Lyons remedy.  Try your best to kill him for 3 seconds with whatever you have in your hand.  Then go back to whatever you were doing as though nothing happened and let him think about it. Horses are BIG….you won’t hurt him.  However, I have two rules:

Don’t strike him above the withers.

Don’t strike him with anything sharp.

Kicking and biting is unacceptable under ANY circumstances and should be addressed instantly.  A horse can break your arm with his teeth.  This is unacceptable under ANY circumstances. Keep in mind that it should be done while he is “thinking about it”.  If necessary “set him up” by giving him the opportunity. Five seconds after he bites or kicks is too late and he won’t understand.

Jim, Sun of Dimanche+, and Mahada Magic…(and Wiedy)…all who tried it ONCE.

Richard T. "Jim" Holland

Three Creeks Farm

175 Hells Hollow Drive

Blue Ridge, Ga 30513