RE: [RC] Sarcoids - Chastain, Shannon L.

Karen my horses is on the back of his front leg will this procedure make him sore? Are these drugs something he should not have before a ride? His is slowly gotten bigger over the last two years I had a ride vet tell me to just leave it alone. Not sure what pound flesh is.
Shannon
Missouri

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Karen Everhart
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2007 1:18 PM
To: AERC; Lynette Hulbert
Subject: Re: [RC] Sarcoids

My personal experience - IF THEY ARE SARCOIDS and not melanoma's:

Treat if they are a quarter size or bigger OR are located in areas where there is/will be irritation from tack, etc.

2 injection of Equi-stim (one per week if I recall correctly) followed by daily application of Xterra.  They fall off leaving an oozing wound that heals well (watch for proud flesh on the legs).  The only thing remaining is a scar.

Some are static and never change, others change, so individual circumstances will determine treatment.

Karen Everhart MEd
President
Rainbow Meadows Rescue and Retirement, Inc.
www.rainbowmeadowsranch.com
620-725-3402

Owner/Operator Horse Calls - Equine Management Solutions
Centered Riding Instructor
Distance Horse Conditioning and Training
www.horsecalls.com
316-648-5082