[RC] unhandled 1 year old - Beth Bliss

Use Clicker Training.  No need to lock her up and she already likes grain. You could start with free-shaping.  There is lots of information on the web about it.  It really works well.  Our site is http://tojustn.tripod.com if you want to check it out.

Beth Bliss
"Click" On Success

Can anyone give some advice on what the best approach is to begin handling a completely untouched 1 year old mare?
Good things are she is curious and likes grain and has eaten out of my hand already.
I don't want to just keep feeding her grain to get anywhere near her but I don't want to try to get a halter on her by locking her in a stall.