[RC] re: when are you an endurance horse - Cindy Collins

Actually, most of us loosely call our "up and coming" horses our endurance horse, but I feel it's very different if you are advertising horses for sale or as breeding stock.? At a minimum, I wouldn't expect a horse to be advertised as an "endurance horse" unless he/she had successfully completed several 50 mile rides.? I would not count LD if I were looking for a proven endurance horse since I don't consider LD to be endurance.? If I were paying much extra money to have a "proven" endurance horse I'd expect more, probably at least one 100 mile completion.? I'm sure you'll get many different opinions on this.? I know that when someone says they are selling "an endurance horse" or that their blood stock is "endurance," the first thing I do is go online and look up their record.??

Cindy Collins