Re: [RC] [RC] [RC] rushcreek horses - frank solano

Yeah, Rushcreek Lad was by Rushcreek Greeley.

I rode Rushcreek Steel, who was by Rushcreek Greeley.  In 1991, Steel and I had a blast in the National Championship Series.  We did a 100 in Montana.  Then, in three weeks, found ourselves in New Mexico.  Then, in another three weeks, found ourselves in Tennessee/Kentucky, where he finished National Champion Heavyweight, Reserve, WITHOUT completing the last ride at Land Between the Lakes due to RIDER ERROR.   Dang, but Rushcreek Greeley produced some great horses.  Sandy (Zieman) Poe rode Rushcreek Ora to MANY wins and BC's.  ORA was an indomitable Rushcreek Greeley daughter.  I recall that she was at my place (when I lived in Colorado) to be bred to one of my stallions.  Two men from the United Arab Emirates came by as they were filming an "American Endurance Horse Special" (to be broadcast back in the Middle East...this was about 1991 or 1992).  After speaking to me, on camera, about endurance in America, they saw Rushcreek Ora and fell in love with her.  They filmed some of the horses at my place (Born to Run Arabians), then went to Magness Arabians, just down the road, right after Bob and Sharon Magness had acquired the Town and Country Arabians (89 broodmares and many yearlings, etc.) after Armand Hammer's death ( Wiking, Monarach AH, etc.).  Little did I know what the future held for UAE and endurance back in 1991 or 1992.  (I remember CHASE THE WIND AH in the group of yearlings.  I wanted to buy him but Sharon Magness wouldn't sell him then....NOW, he's done alright by himself in the endurance, after some experiences on the race track.)

One of my fondest endurance memories is riding alongside Trilby and Laddie on the Fort Schellborne XP, after having ridden alongside Sandy and ORA the day before.  Greeley did produce a distinctive look to his get.

I have great hopes that Rush Creek is getting back on step with their endurance horse breeding program.  After speaking to Lyle Sherfey, I believe they are now going to be breeding horses with endurance riding/racing in mind.   I love their new stallion, HV Suns Heaven and Earth.  Lyle knows what makes an endurance horse and I have GREAT hopes.

Frank Solano