Re: [RC] Luxuries - Dr Q - Sharon Levasseur

Well, he has a shelter that works, it's just not pretty.  LOL  And hubby swears
he only needs HIS half of the garage for a workshop.  We do have a friend
across town who has built several barns for people, and she sketched us out a
20x30 or so with a run-in on one side, small hay loft above, feed/tack in the
middle, and an overhang on the other side for the lawn tractor.  She said she
was sure we could get it built for under $5,000 if we were willing to do
everything except the dirt moving ourselves.

So yeah, I'm gonna keep pushing.  What we have works though.

Thanks,
-Sharon L. in Maine

Quoting Patty P <desertridingal@xxxxxxx>:

Tell him we ALL said you HAVE to have a shelter for your horse! I built a
barn about 10 years ago. It was nothing fancy, but I had several contractors
give me quotes and the least expensive was $25,000. So I went to lows and
bought some barn plans, studied them, then designed my own small barn. Two
stalls and a tack room with a breeze way for grooming. It was  a 24 x 24
square. I hired some local guys to help me. They did all the heavy work. It
turned out beautiful and only cost me $8,000. I built one part at a time..
the first part was only $4000 and was just basically two stalls. It had 24
foot ceiling at the highest point and when done had trellises going up on
part of the breezeway...never did get any vines that the horses didn't like,
LOL but that might be something worth looking into. That way you can both
get something.
Patty