Re: [RC] [RC] Barefoot saddle - Dawn Carrie

I use a Barefoot Cheyene on all 3 of my horses, with an Equipedic pad.  I haven't had any problem with it sliding around.  I ride with a rather loose girth (ok, some would call it a very loose girth, as sometimes there is daylight between the horse and girth by the end of the ride <G>).  I do use a breast collar, but that's more to keep the saddle in place should I come off and the horse take off, and besides, it adds more pretty color.  :)  We don't have many hills here in East Texas, but I've gone up some darn near vertical creek banks, and have also ridden in the steep Texas Hill Country and the mountains of New Mexico.  My breast collar isn't super tight, and the saddle seldom if ever relies on the breast collar to hold it in place (except up those vertical creek banks).  The two horses I ride the most have very different backs...one short and very broad, the other longer, high withers, more prominent spine.  I love this saddle...very comfy, and my horses are happy.  :)

Dawn in East Texas (and Bear, Sundance, and Chivas)