From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dawn Carrie
Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2007 1:11 PM
To: Michelle Aquilino
Cc: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] [RC] Ride Photographers

Yes, photographers need to hit a good balance.  With large rides, it's easier, since there are lots of riders who will likely buy photos.  The photographer who photgraphs many Texas rides, and (IMO) takes *by far* the best photos of any of the ride photographers whom I've seen in TX, is John Adame.  He shoots photos on trail in the morning, gets them developed locally, and then has the prints right there in camp that afternoon and at the ride meeting.  He sells them for $5 each.  My husband and I usually buy $20-30 worth (we both ride).  He shot the 3-day ride I managed this past weekend, and I heard lots of favorable comments about his photos...I only had a chance to see a few of them, as I was running to and fro, but as always, they were wonderful.

Keep in mind with gas prices going up, it costs more for a photgrapher to get to more distant rides, and if that distant ride is rather small, he may not even recoup his gas money.  John's wife sometimes rides, so he has an additional reason for attending some rides.  We're very fortunate to have him.  :)

Dawn Carrie