[RC] American River Crossing -- Dave Smith - Dawn Simas

Dave,

I cannot email you privately because I only read the archives.

I would suggest you go down to Tamaroo Bar.  It's about a 2 mile ride out of the Overlook.  There's a sand bar there, with a gradual river rock bottom/good footing. You cannot cross there now, it's deep in the middle where there's a channel, but you can walk into slow moving water that is a gradual slope and he can gain his trust and confidence and then come back out on the same side.  This is below Robie Point.  Wendell called it his "summer crossing" to get to his "Pointed Rocks Ranch" near Cool.  In the winter he crossed on No Hands Bridge.  :)

Email me if you need directions.  dsimas at wildaboutcats dot org

Ms. Dawn Simas
Director - Wild About Cats
Wild Feline Conservation, Education, and Rescue