Re: [RC] Endurance horse/rider sizes - waldruff

Hello all,
Thanks for your replies. They has been most helpful. My plan as of now is to
start her in competitive trail until she is old enough and fit enough to try
endurance. I don't mid her height at all. I grew up riding smaller horses, but
living in an area where Arabs are a bit unpopular I have at least one friend
who insists that Bashirah make a better pony clubbers horse. We ARE still
friends but she was certainly pushing it!  few other horsey-people that I know
have suggested that she is just too short for me, but when I ride her I'm
comfortable, a saddle would be nice though, she's so slippery from all the
black oil sunflower seed she gets in her feed. I do have a couple saddles lined
up to try out next week.
I want to be able to keep this horse healthy and happy. She has been through
enough suffering in her life already so I don't want to compromise her health
and like with Simah, my gelding, I just want to see how we can do in
endurance;Bashirah & I.  I really love camping out in my one person tent and
waking up in the morning to a whole day that I know that I'll get to spend with
my horse, uninterrupted.I really like  be to out in the woods and on the trails
so much that just being there is enough. I have a fascination with  identifying
wild plants and mushrooms so I get a little side tracked at times so Bashirah
will have plenty of breaks, because of this.
Winning isn't necessarily a goal yet, but who knows?
Thanks for the encouragement. I feel like we are on the right track.
Since the day is sunny and warm I'm now going to get my swimsuit & my horse and
head for the pond.Somehow I've ended up with a Polish, Crabett,Egyptian mixed
horse with a large dollop of dolphin breeding apparently. She lives to submerge
her head to her eyeballs and blow bubbles. :) She will probably always be a
good drinker,too- she likes to taste many puddles that we pass on our walks.

Thanks again.

Stacey

PS: Here are a couple photos of the filly. In the first one I'm riding and we
have 1/2 our endurance emu posse with us.:) The two birds are her
companions.They follow her everywhere she goes.

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q199/StaceyMWaldruff/Mailed%20photos/MVC-035S.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q199/StaceyMWaldruff/Mailed%20photos/MVC-054S.jpg