Home Current News News Archive Shop/Advertise Ridecamp Classified Events Learn/AERC
Endurance.Net Home Ridecamp Archives
[Archives Index]   [Date Index]   [Thread Index]   [Author Index]   [Subject Index]

Re: [RC] [RC] gooseneck/license - Kathie Ford - Dana B.

Katrina is correct.  In CA, any person hauling a trailer with a GVWR of over 10,000 pounds must have a CDL (that's what the sticker on the side says, not what you are actually carrying).  In talking to CHP officers about it, it not so much that they go around ticketing people for it.  It more comes into play should you be involved in an accident and your insurance company washes their hands of you given that you are operating a motor vehicle in violation of the law, not a good thing.
I have a nice older 4 horse WW steel stock trailer that I used to use a lot but I've stopped using since it's GVWR is 10,005.  I keep it because in an emergency I could shove all 5 horses in to evacuate. 
Dana Baldwin

Katrina Mosshammer <ammosshammer@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I do, but I only have a small 2 horse. I think it depends on the weight when you have to go to a CDL.

[RC] gooseneck/license - Kathie Ford

Hi All, just a quick question for those that haul w/goosenecks.

Can you still haul with a normal drivers class of license or has that changed?


Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell?
Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.
[RC] [RC] gooseneck/license - Kathie Ford, Katrina Mosshammer