[RC] boldness - Shagyaarabs

Hi Kat,

You said, "In MY breed of choice (the Thoroughbred), it seems to me that the predominant trait of choice that is selected for is  determination (because it is determination more than any other trait that wins medium distance races). "

With that statement I would say then the ultimate horse breed for you, if looking for boldness would be the Anglo-Shagya. The TB is bred to run and the Shagya was created for endurance.  It is not just a cross anymore as the American Shagya Arabian Verband has set up a registry for this pheromonal breed of horse.  Some of the Shagya breeders in the USA have some examples of this great cross.  They have not been used yet in endurance here in the USA as most of them are too young.

Daunna Sellers
www.shagya-arabs.com
I cannot change the direction of the wind but I can trim my sails!!!