[RC] childrens stirrups - Spottedracer

In some localities, due to insurance considerations, children MUST have
their feet in stirrups.

Fascinating, I've never seen a clause like this in the insurance policies covering any of the saddle clubs, pony clubs, breed shows, parades, IPRA rodeo events, NBHA barrel events, nor state saddle club show. (all of which I've competed/children have competed in)..... Now, I have seen this in the rules - but NOT due to insurance considerations....

Granted, it's far more dangerous for a child to have their foot hung in the stirrup and thus, be dragged when they fall... than to fall 'cleanly'...

What insurance companies are these organizations using? seems odd.

-LP