[RC] Cashel Saddle - Thekids18049

Hello.

This cell foam thread got me thinking.

The cashel saddles are closed cell foam correct?

I tried one on an LD because I had to stop using my original saddle 2 weeks earlier because there was puffiness on my gelding's back. So I knew that saddle was never to return to his back.

Anyhow, Used the cashel on the LD. And it was tough. It was straight up or straight down. No breastcollar. Saddle slid not really at all... but nothing that I had to ever adjust the saddle at all. I guess I have a good seat!

It was extremely hot and humid that July day. But I think the saddle had something to do. Took a while for my gelding's pulse to recover. Very uncommon for him. He's no arab but we did a 30 mile ride 2 weeks earlier in just as much heat and he was recovered in the 40's within 10 minutes or so.

So I think the Cashel since it is closed cell retained a lot of heat. Any ideas? I was also using a fleece pad underneath which probably didn't help I'm guessing...Closed Cell foam retains heat.  And I was also told from the company they had quite a few people use them for endurance. That was before I learned so much and learned of ridecamp...

Kyle

P.S. Then returned this expensive bareback pad! (chuckle) and conditioned for a month BAREBACK until I found my freeform which I love.

See what's free at AOL.com.