[RC] Boldness in Horses - Evelyn Allen

Would anyone like to comment on whether they feel a horse is either:  born especially bold;  whether real boldness develops in some horses the more experience they have (and by this I mean not just the usual confidence a horse develops, but actual boldness;  or whether that quality can truly be instilled in a horse.  By "boldness" I mean the preparedness to head out down a trail at any gait either in the lead or by itself, without hesitation (more or less), and/or without major spooks.