[RC] Closed cell foam vs open cell foam pads - Susan Favro

Several years ago I tried a CSI pad on a trail ride (closed cell foam) and found it held in way too much heat.

I just started riding in the ThinLine Pad and have found that my back is less sore when I use it. I put it between my saddle and EquiPedic pad.

The ThinLine is open cell foam and has the ability to move concussion laterally (it has 95% shock absorption). The ThinLine is also 100% breathable (since it’s open cell foam). It doesn’t compress or move away from pressure (like gel or air bladders would) but moves shock laterally. If you’re having problems with pad slippage, the ThinLine can also help with that. The material used in the ThinLine is infused with an active antimicrobial agent (it’s safe to use from one horse to another without spreading fungal problems). Another nice thing about the ThinLine is that as it warms, it will mold to the horse’s back creating a custom fit. Yet the pad will go back to its original shape immediately. The ThinLine endurance pad is ¼” thick (in black only); their dressage model is Ultra ThinLine and it’s only 3/16” thick (in white or black)

For endurance I would recommend use sandwiching the ThinLine between a pad and the saddle.

If you have questions about the ThinLine, please contact me privately. We carry their product and have been pleased with our use of it. Visit our Web site for more info (http://stores.healthyasahorse.net/Detail.bok?no=199)

…S
Susan Favro
Healthy As A Horse Network
“Innovative effective products for horse and rider”
Official Sponsor: AERC (American Endurance Ride Conference)
US Distributor for Strada Saddles

Phone 406.864.8000
E-mail Susan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Online www.HealthyAsAHorse.Net