[RC] Where does YOUR knee hurt? - tichenor06

Check out this weblink.

Mine is at the lateral collateral ligament.  Which is also the Iliotibial Band.  It is aka runner's knee.

How about your knee?  Where does it hurt?  Or maybe I am the ONLY one with a sore knee.

The arab I ride has about 1 inch max that his back rises during the trot.  Yes really.  He has a dreamy canter.  Seen it on video's I have made, and have ridden it to - duh.  Thus he is quite smooth a ride.  I ride in a Solstice.  Have always ridden english.

I rode in the Trace Tribute on 4/7/07, Great ride ya'll, and have not ridden my arab since.  A dear sweet rider gave me an Aleve, at the halfway point, and it took the edge off the pain.  Scale of 0-10, my pain was 8.5 to 9.  And I know what real pain is, which is another story, and I know now I have a high threshold for pain.  However, I  did ride a nice Peruvian Paso stallion my friend was checking out for her mare on last Friday.  I think he is one of the smoothest horse I have ever been on, and I have ridden quite a few horses in my life.  I rode a mare there, and she was not very smooth.  Ok, there was no bounce, literally no movement in the western saddle either.  My feet barely touched the stirrups, they were a bit long.  After less than 2 minutes, my knee HURT.  Same place on the outside.  Still does a bit now at this writing.  I was not gripping at all or nothing.  Just enjoying the ride.  And yes, when you wanna breed a mare to a gaited horse they let you ride the stallion.  Hey the proof is in the daddy seeds gait!  And ya have to ride to see what it is about.  Also they are quite well trained, or rather they should be.

Guess strengthening exercises, wrapping, icing, will maybe help, otc drugs.  We will see about that.  Not sure if it will go away.

*I* was a grade 4 lame after the ride, and had to have a nice fella trot my horse out.  :-) Not sure how many lameness grades there are.  But I was up there.  Horse was perfectly fine.  No back soreness, no lameness, totally sound.

Laura T
Alabama

Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.