[RC] heart rate monitor questino - Alice Yovich

I absolutely know the answers to this question…I’m asking you guys b/c she is arguing with me and not believing me, so I thought I”d get some back up, good or bad. I figured if I was wrong, you guys would et me know, and if I was right then I could show her it wasn’t just my assessment, but others who felt the same way.

Part of the discussion was that if it was so easy to get a horses’ pulse, then why are we all running around with stethoscopes. Why not just take the pulse at pulse points? I told her it wasn’t always that easy to feel a pulse. I wasn’t aware that there was any really good, reliable pulse point, such as the wrist on a human, that gave satisfactory results across the board. Sometimes I can see it in the jugular, sometimes you can feel it in the jowl, but I didn’t think it was such a consistent thing.

>>You have been around enough CTR's and know where to take a pulse don't =

you???  Without a stethoscope you can get them under the jowl, on the =

large vein on the inside of the upper leg, some horses under the base of =

the tail, and some you can just feel by pressing your hand where you =

listen with a stethoscope.

Jonni

Alice Yovich, LMT

Massage Therapist