RE: [RC] Trailer Floor Help Needed - Smith, Dave

Mike:  I routinely pull the mats and wash off the floor boards if the horses had urinated.  If not, I don’t.  So I probably do wash the floor boards about once every month or so.  Once a year, just before winter, I apply a coat of polyethylene to the floor boards in hopes it will help water proof them.  Haven’t yet actually pulled the boards up to inspect the metal.  Probably a good idea, though.

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mike Lewis
Sent: Friday, April 06, 2007 9:21 AM
To: ridecamp
Subject: [RC] Trailer Floor Help Needed

I have a 2002 Silver Star trailer and have noticed that the floor (beneath the heavy rubber mats) has some discoloration due to urine that has seeped beneath the mats and been held against the metal.  Is there anything I can use to clean this or to prevent further damage?

There are exposed bolt heads at the floor, by the mats.  They are nicely rusted due to salt/urine.  Any fixes for this?

Does everyone actually pull the mats and rinse out the trailer after each use?  (Answer honestly!!)  My owner's manual says to pull mats and clean the trailer every 60 days.

There is no place nearby that offers an acid wash... is there anything that is almost as good that can be done at home?

Thank you,

Mike Lewis, M19916
Administrator, www.usendurance.net