Re: [RC] [CTR] coggins testing - Sisu West Ranch

"...Do all of you guys have all your horses vetted each time you buy one? I ..."

That depends on what I want the horse for and my gut feeling.

I purchased a number of kids horses with without vet ok.  I felt that since training and disposition were the most important thing, I would take a chance on a hidden unsoundness.  Always got the coggins as a condition of sale, before the horse came onto my place.

I even purchased my best personal horse with no vet OK.  I went to see him, fell in love, and paid the asking price, loaded him and took him home.  (he was up to date on Coggins).  Over 14 years Sketer did everything I asked, trail, traffic control, endurance etc.

All the rest got the full vet check.  Money well spent.

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875