RE: [RC] [CTR] coggins testing - Alice Yovich

Title: RE: [RC] [CTR] coggins testing

Oh, I agree that a vet check is best…I think they got discouraged b/c there was always something wrong with the horses..they were spending as much on vet checks as on buying the darn horse. I think we felt like we had enough history on this one. It’s ok, it wasn’t meant to be. We’re looking for other horses again.

From: Burnett, Elly [mailto:egburnett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2007 10:17 PM
To: Alice Yovich; Dbeverly4@xxxxxxx; natrc4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; horsesctr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [RC] [CTR] coggins testing

My current mare wasn't checked, and I got BURNED because of it.  (She's got ringbone in both front legs and bone spavin in one of her hocks.  Ouch.  I only found out when I transferred her records at the clinic.)

My new horse [that I've never met] got a thorough vet check by a vet that participates in ride and tie and endurance as both a ride vet and a participant.  For me it was peace of mind, and well worth the extra $200.  I pick him up on the 22nd!

Elly