Re: [RC] [RC] URGENT: Easyboot Bare sizing/fitting question- Sharon Levasseur - Dream Weaver

Hi Sharon: Why don't you email me your horses measurements privately, then I can answer your questions a little better. In the meantime - yes, taking the heelstrap out and using tapers or cutting it (the heelstrap) out (instructions w/ photos can be found on my blog in the photo albums section), then covering the inside with duct tape will definitely help with getting the boots on and allowing more room for a horse whose foot fills the boot up well. I understand about not wanting to ride in the boots so that you'll be able to return them, If you are able to get a regular Easyboot on in the same size, then the Bare should work. You could remove the gaiter and put the boot on without it to see how it fits and if it goes on and off you'll know the size is allright and put the gaiter back. You could do that and walk the horse with the boots for a few minutes a time or two and that will get them a little more flexible. I know it's a lot of work but once they are broken in and adjusted you won't have to mess with any adjustments for the rest of the life of the boots. That is one reason why I really like them, because they are so simple and easy on and off after the break in period.

I'll try to put together a boot trial program soon so that people can try the boots or multiple styles and/or sizes before deciding what works. One more option that can work for somebody who is having difficulty with the Bares is that the front fastening system can be changed over to a regular Easyboot buckle, or the new EasyUp buckle. Some people are changing over just because they like the tread on the Bares, but like an easier opening fastening system on the front of the boot. Karen