[RC] Thanks Angie for the message on equitation. - Stagg_Newman

Angie,

Thanks for the kind posts about the APEX clinic.  We really enjoyed giving the clinic
and the eagerness of the participants to learn.  And Super really enjoyed having
a light and skilled  rider in your daughter Josie.  We look forward to giving more clinics.

And thanks for emphasizing the importance of equitation and fixing the weakest link.
I believe a large part of the success of my horses has been their equitation training.
Drubin had 20 consectutive years of enduarance completions.  He and I trained
together under the watchful eye and expert instruction of a former  major in the
Argentian calvary and Grand Prix level rider and instrutor, Major Renom.  Jayel Super, who is
now in his 11th season,  was started by Dr. Gail Carmona, the first person in the U.S.
 to ride an Arabian in Grand Prix Level dressage (that was after Super bucked me
off twice in the first week under saddle!).    The continued equitation work, that is work on
balance, alignment, and rhythm was key to their success.  So all of our horses and Cheryl and myself
are now training with Lisa Maxwell, the equitation clinician af the APEX clinic.

I though it particularly noteworthy, that John Crandell, one of the most outstanding
endurance riders in the world,  said if he would have done one thing differently over
the last 30 years, it was to work even more on equitation.

And both Drubin and Super would have had short careers if we had not changed
farriers after shoeing and lameness problems started to develop.

Money spent on the best vet, the best farrier, and the best instructor is money well spent.

Stagg
(who is a clutz and needs all the help he can get).
information.  If you are not the addressee or authorized to
receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy,
disclose or take any action based on this message or any
information herein.  If you have received this message in
error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail
and delete this message.  Thank you for your cooperation.