[RC] Equitation - Karen Everhart

I am so please to read Angie's reaction to John Crandell's advice.

One of the reasons I love NATRC is because the equitation of the rider is judged.  In most cases, if you see poor equitation, you find sore backs, lameness, tack rubs, etc., because of the imbalance in the rider.  So, it stands to reason that if you try to perfect your equitation, the ability of your horse to perform to its potential is no longer hindered by the riders contribution.  NATRC is a paced event with distances longer than LD's but not up to 50 per day (generally 2 days; 35 miles or so the first day and 25 the second).  If the effect is noted at less distance and speed, common sense should tell us that any issues would be magnified at a 50 , 75, or 100 at 10 mph.

Karen Everhart MEd
President
Rainbow Meadows Rescue and Retirement, Inc.
www.rainbowmeadowsranch.com
620-725-3402

Owner/Operator Horse Calls - Equine Management Solutions
Centered Riding Instructor
Distance Horse Conditioning and Training
www.horsecalls.com
316-648-5082
The really successful *fast* guys are all *very*
good, *proper* riders, and they have made sure they have great
shoeing. BECAUSE they are such good balanced riders, with balanced
shoeing, they can train hard without laming their horses.