Re: [RC] [RC] [RC] FEI World Forum on Endurance - Maryanne Gabbani

On 3/30/07, Truman Prevatt <tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I think it's called the Golden Rule - he who has the gold makes the
rule. The worst thing that could happen to we recreational endurance
riders is endurance to become an Olympic sport. Even at our Pan Am's we
have have had horses die - it just doesn't happen in Dubai. Even at our
Pan Am's we can see horses in the "treatment barn" hooked up - it just
doesn't happen in Dubai.

Steph can correct me if I'm wrong, but vet friends of mine in the Gulf tell me that jugging horses after a race is  the rule of the day in  Dubai.  They don't wait to see if the horse needs it or not, they just do it.  One could wonder just why as well.  Nothing like a good flush.

Maryanne