Re: [RC] [RC] FEI World Forum on Endurance - SandyDSA

I am SO with you, Barbara, and I cannot and will not ever support allowing FEI or any other group using AERC as a step stool to further their  own differing agenda. What is their problem? Why don't they just form their own organization? I am one of those who likely will never ride outside of our 2 nearest regions, and while I do love seeing others ride nationally etc., I would never support using AERC as a support system for this trend toward flat distance racing. It is not only a betrayal of the very function of AERC, but it strays so far from the tenets and desires of AERC and its foundation that the two can clearly not coincide workably within one organization. I feel they shouldn't - I do care more about our horses than any shirt, award, ribbon, what-the-heck-ever. One day I can see PETA swooping down on an event and wreaking havoc where it need not have happened. We do know that they are pretty much a bunch of unemployed control-hungry whackos :) yet why would we WANT to be a target?

I guess I am old fashioned like, you, Barbara, I won't go that way either. Right now, as the defense for this dog food scare gets underway, I understand that the defense will be a matter of upgrading the status of a pet from property to separate individual - and of course you cannot file suit on behalf on someone else - so the pet would have to do that for themselves...apparently. Ya think AERC endurance would never be banned? This is a whacky world. I for one vote to permanently steer clear of FEI style "racing".

See what's free at AOL.com.