Re: [RC] mentoring and ridecamp - Milroy Grosse

Juli,
Thanks for the post.  It seems a lot of us lurkers are peeking our heads out.  Anyway, I feel (or felt) the same way you do.  I know how you feel to try to find someone willing to slow down and maybe ride that first LD or CTR with you.  We new guys all understand and appreciate that it takes a lot to work up to 50s and once you get there it has to be addictive and you don't want to look back (unless you get a new horse or are coming out of a previous injury).

So on behalf of all new people out there let me say thanks to those of you who take the time to do that 25 with us when we all know it is like practice for you.  Thanks for putting up with the stupid questions and thanks for pointing out the bad trail manners of me (the new guy).

Juli-let me know if find your mentor and maybe we will see you some time.

Juli Jakub <fahraway@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am a lurker and occasional poster on ridecamp and 100% newbie to
endurance. I read with a great amount of interest, I learn alot, and I
always keep my brain functioning and make my own decisions based on the
information I learn and my horse and I's individual situation. I am not
easily offended and the occasional upsets and fights on ridecamp tend to
amuse me more than annoy me. I figure it is just people who are not able to
get on their horses enough...I know that I get crabby when the weather makes
it difficult to ride. I feel like I get a good amount of mentoring from
ridecamp if I listen carefully and sift through.

I am located in Lake Placid, NY. The one thing I would love is a more
physical mentor. I try to make informed decisions, but it would be nice to
have someone peering over my shoulder occasionally and helping me understand
all the information and help me make good decisions on condtioning, feeding
for endurance ect. More than anything I would also love someone willing to
ride a 25 miler this summer with me and my five year old. It would be her
and my first outing to a ride and it would be a great confidence builder to
have someone who knows the ropes to ride with. I am an accomplished rider in
other disciplines, but just want a slow, steady, confident first ride with
someone who knows what they are doing. I do not care if it is CTR or an LD.
I would also be willing to do a ride on someone elses horse if they wanted
to take on a newbie and get their horse out at the same time. I follow
directions well!

I sometimes think being way up here on the east coast it is harder to find
mentors, but that would and will not stop me.
Thanks for being so helpful and keeping me inspired to try to enter this
sport with your sense of humors, your wisdom, and your knowledge.
Juli

Juli Jakub

The Air of Heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears.

~ arabian proverb

Interest Rates near 39yr lows! $430,000 Mortgage for $1,399/mo - Calculate
new payment
http://www.lowermybills.com/lre/index.jsp?sourceid=lmb-9632-18466&moid=7581