[RC] Angie's Article in Feb 2007 Issue - frank solano

Angie write's:  "Though our first instinct is to recruit riders from our own social group, we need to push ourselves to round up a greater variety of
                       prospects, since variety is the spice of campfire conversations."

I couldn't agree more, Angie.
Actually, the thought that the endurance community might consist of any one, identifiable social group is a horror to consider.
For me, the best part of endurance is the horse, and in endurance one can see just about every kind of horse and many types of ponies.
Same holds true for the riders, which makes sitting around talking in camp (for those who still do that sort of thing) and visiting on the trail (for those who have the time to do that sort of thing) one of the attractive aspects of the sport.

Frank