From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Juli Bechard
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2007 2:16 PM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] A question for the ladies...

Ok, got a question for all you other ladies out there....

I have a new Freeform saddle, that I am enjoying.  Alpine loves it, and my knees and back love it too.  However, there is one small problem.  The pommel on the saddle is higher than I am used to, and it's, umm, caused some bruising.  It was very apparent out riding yesterday.  Alpine just had shoes put on for the first time in two years, and he isn't quite used to them yet.  So he was either gaiting rough, or he was trotting yesterday.  And he had no concept of the term slow.  Furthermore, my arms hurt from working in my garden the day before, so I didn't care to insist he remember what slow was.  We ended up doing about 14 miles in 2.5 hours, which is pretty fast for us at this point in our conditioning.  Alpine doesn't allow me to post, so I either had to sit or stand through all of this.

Lets just say I am pretty sore this morning.  There is no chafing, just some bruising.  Any ideas on how to stop my saddle from causing bruising in certain sensitive areas?  I can't imagine what I'd feel like after 50 miles of that!  Because I know my horse, and the speed and gaits I had yesterday are what he's going to give me at a ride.  That's his "I feel GREAT! " speed.

Anyway, thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

Juli and the Herd
Alpine (hehehe...that'll teach her to take me out just before dinner)
Merlin (I've been trotting, Mom had better fix this one before I go under saddle)