[RC] rescue mare with scratches and strange butt cheek - Karen Sullivan

Hi folks,
opinions again needed here; and thanks so much for those who responded with recipies for leg scratches for the pinto Arab mare I am trying to rehab.  After 3 weeks, her weight is much better, the scratches are healing nicely; the inflammation down and hair coming back in...I used mixes of the recipies off the ridecamp archives...and think the limiting factor just may be her trashed immune system.  But she certainly is feeling well, eating and running and bucking for fun in the pasture.....she is going to be just gorgeous

Here is next strange thing....After some hair shed out, I could see that the lower half of her right, inside butt cheek looks like an old injury, with some scarring to the skin....and almost looks like the bottom part of the butt cheek is missing....or tucked up about half way.  This mare is a lovely mover, and I can't see any funny way of going, or unsoundless...so the question is, it possible she has compensated; and how important is that entire muscle?

She could end up being an awesome trail or endurance horse; unless this is a real limiting factor....

Has anyone ever seen or experienced this?
Thanks, Karen