[RC] Just for the sake of discussion - Jody Rogers-Buttram

I just came back from doing one day at City Slickers.  Had a great time, and was very happy with how much
conditioning my ponies had held onto this winter.  Rose did fantasic, pulsing in at 48 and 56, and even beating the other two on the BC CRI.  Just not typical for the 1/2 paint part of her.  Makes me wonder if I should ride her instead of Aries at the Biltmore 100.  Josie, you just *might* get booted off my GOOD horse.

But anyway, it was warm both days, I think it was close to 90 the first day, and hit 90 the second day.  Not as much humidity as would normally be here in the South.  Probably why Rose handled those temps so well.  But, they had 4 horses treated the first day, and 2 the second.  Now, the electrolyte discussion we had going here last week, many of you believe that horses can get what they need from the grass/hay/feed.  I am pretty sure the 2 on Saturday were slower horses in the ride, and of course I can't say whether these owners gave elytes or not.  I can't say for sure how well they ate or drank.  But, I did give my three elytes, I did ride a fairly good pace, my three ate like PIGS all day. But, they still came home and are chewing chunks off the salt block.  Can anyone explain that?

Jody  (Not trying to start a fight, just wonder what you think)

Finding fabulous fares is fun.