From: <alexis_mills@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [RC]   Spoke too soon: no whoa today
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 17:17:11 -0700

But I don't know if a bit would have helped in such a panic. I was riding alone, as usual, and when we stumbled upon a white cow in the trees, Samurai spun and took off, going so fast that I was afraid if I turned him as I normally do, he'd fall or run into a barrel cactus. I had to duck some branches right as he revved up, and that's the closest I've come to falling off in over a year (and I've only fallen off twice in over 40 years of riding, knock on wood...).

Thought we were over the cow problem, but I guess it's been a few months since he's been that close to one, and with rain all week and no riding, and a steady diet of alfalfa recently (not my choice), well... I'm feeling very lucky to have escaped injury.

I expect many of you critics of the bitless bridle will say "I told you so," but I'd appreciate it if you don't send any such messages to my personal email. I'm new to endurance and have to say I'm a bit dismayed at how mean-spirited some of you seem to be.