From: April <endurancerider@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Ridecamp <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [RC]   Shoes for the Rider
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 09:00:58 -0500

Hi, Ridecamp,

I would like some suggestions on shoes to try, please.

I used to have Ariat Terrians until one of the eyes for the laces blew out.
The Terrains were rubbing the back of my heels pretty good so I decided to
get something else.

I bought some hiking boots from REI, but since I've gotten them, the balls
of my feet hurt after 12-15 miles. I wonder if this has to do with the rigid
soles and extra ankle support?

Or maybe it's just my riding style and I need to change that. Ideas are
welcome here, too. I have E-Z Ride stirrups with cages hanging on biothane
English leathers on my Abetta saddle. I've played around with the stirrup
length. If I go longer, I lose my stirrups. If I go shorter, I get knee
pain.

If I buy new shoes, I have to get something with ankle support. I tend to
twist my ankle just thinking about walking in uneven terrain. The Ariat
Terrains were ok except for the heel rubbing. I think they were just a
little too big for me, then they stretched and I was already in the smallest
size they have. Wearing extra socks in 90 degree heat is not an attractive
suggestion, even if it would work.

So, I thought I'd ask for some suggestions on other shoes to try.

Does anybody have any experience with these "Horseshoes?" Are these the
Roper Horseshoes spoken of in the archives?
http://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.html?PGGUID=30e074b7-7b6a-11d5-a192-00b0d0204ae5

Anybody use these particular Propet shoes? Some web sites advertise these as
winter boots. I don't need winter boots, though.
http://www.propetusa.com/wpeakwalkernew.htm

Thanks,
April
Nashville, TN

--
"It doesn't matter how slowly you go - as long as you don't stop!" -
Confucius