[RC] Shoes for the Rider - April

Hi, Ridecamp,

I would like some suggestions on shoes to try, please.

I used to have Ariat Terrians until one of the eyes for the laces blew out. The Terrains were rubbing the back of my heels pretty good so I decided to get something else.

I bought some hiking boots from REI, but since I've gotten them, the balls of my feet hurt after 12-15 miles. I wonder if this has to do with the rigid soles and extra ankle support?

Or maybe it's just my riding style and I need to change that. Ideas are welcome here, too. I have E-Z Ride stirrups with cages hanging on biothane English leathers on my Abetta saddle. I've played around with the stirrup length. If I go longer, I lose my stirrups. If I go shorter, I get knee pain.

If I buy new shoes, I have to get something with ankle support. I tend to twist my ankle just thinking about walking in uneven terrain. The Ariat Terrains were ok except for the heel rubbing. I think they were just a little too big for me, then they stretched and I was already in the smallest size they have. Wearing extra socks in 90 degree heat is not an attractive suggestion, even if it would work.

So, I thought I'd ask for some suggestions on other shoes to try.

Does anybody have any experience with these "Horseshoes?" Are these the Roper Horseshoes spoken of in the archives?
http://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.html?PGGUID=30e074b7-7b6a-11d5-a192-00b0d0204ae5

Anybody use these particular Propet shoes? Some web sites advertise these as winter boots. I don't need winter boots, though.
http://www.propetusa.com/wpeakwalkernew.htm

Thanks,
April
Nashville, TN

--
"It doesn't matter how slowly you go - as long as you don't stop!" - Confucius