From: "Carla Richardson" < richardson.carla@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [RC]   [RC] Cougars
Some sheep and goat farmers around southwest Colorado (prime mountian lion
country) keep one or two llamas in the pastures with their sheep and goats.
Not only a mountain lion deterrent, but they keep coyotes and/or dogs away
also.

Carla (or other llama aficionados) -

Do the horses and llamas "buddy up" at all? As in - would they be a good companion animal for a single horse, or two horses when you have to leave one at home?
And are they fairly uncomplicated maintenance (diet, etc?). I know they require routine care similar to a horse (shots, teeth, foot trimming, etc.) but do they need anything a horse owner might find radically different?

Thanks.

Patti K
Vail AZ