[RC] O.D. and Tevis on west coast horse - Mary Maynard

My mare MP Zafina came from out west with me to live here in FL and has done both of these rides and a few other 100' s  too. She has shown no problem with humidity - no more then any east coast or S.E. region horse. I think I have shared this before but in my my experience of both rides - I think Tevis is tougher. Now that may tick some east coast people off but it is only my experience so far with this horse it doesn't mean really much of any thing unless I am just talking about my own horse and not generalizing to all horses. And I sure get tired of every one thinking one region is harder then another for example: mountains vs humidity vs deep sand. It all depends on each individual horse's unique talent and the level of conditioning and rider knowledge/care of their mount. Every ride can be a hard ride or an easy ride - it just depends on so many variables. Therefore others may really feel that the O.D. is a tougher ride. But I ask this; does it really matter? Just enjoy yourselves, take good care of your ponies. do your homework and ride really ride!

Mary Anne Maynard in the S.E. but moving to Maryland soon!  and of course the horse that has allowed me to see so many beautiful places and to meet so many wonderful people in ride camps and on the trail: MP Zafina

Take a break and play crossword puzzles - FREE! Play Now!