Re: [RC] [RC] Elytes - Maryben Stover

But we *have* had more than a few ruptured stomachs.
A very experienced rider recently expressed their suspicion to me that
horses that have gluttonous appetites at vet checks might be at risk of
causing overfilling of the stomach, and that this, accompanied with
lowered hind gut motility, dehydration or other factors might possibly
contribute to colic or other GI catastrophes. It makes some sense to me.

I know who this rider is and the information was obtained from none other than Matthew McKay Smith and it was one of my horses.   I truly believe that this was probably what happened to her........mb