[RC] more whoa needed - jeanmiller

Mike, before you buy a bit, try different bits and see what works best.   Everyone has a bit that he/she prefers and you will just have to figure it out.    I always hated a D ring snaffle for trail riding er endurance riding.  I never felt there was a whoa.  A Tom Thumb worked well for a while but the bits that I have had the best success with is the myler bits.  I just want that whoa when I need it.  Most of the time, my horses can be ridden with a loose rein but in a pinch, I got that whoa when needed, especially with the horse that has been in the distance game for 15 years.  She likes to keep me on my toes.  Jeanie