To: <stephteeter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2007 6:31 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] endurance discussion topic

Does anyone dare say it?

Ride Fees!!!  YIKES!!!  As if the price of diesel to get to a ride weren't
bad enough!  My opinion: only the wealthy can truly excel in this sport.
My fuel costs, entry fees, and related required expenses to get to FITS
last weekend were upwards of $450.  That is ONE ride of "only" 25 miles,
of which $100 was the entry/camp fee.

I have not hosted a ride... perhaps someday will have the chance.  I know
it is expensive to cover insurance, trail fees, meal prep for several
hundred people, and other related expenses.  However it also seems that
prices have risen dramatically from where they were when I was active in
endurance racing several years ago.

I have some opinions on other subjects regarding the current state of
endurance, but hold off to see if someone else picks them up first.  :-)

Mike