Re: [RC] slaughter vs consumption - Truman Prevatt

I think this is very true - that a majority of Americans do not support horse slaughter. Here in small town Brooksville, FL there is a billboard coming n from the North on US41 that admonishes us from allowing the French to ingest out horses. Brooksville is not rabble rousing PETA country. It's a small town full of good people and many horse owners.

The tide on horse slaughter has turned I believe and it is something the majority of we Americans don't support. We have too many horses produced in this country - we also have too many humans produced in the world. Global climate change isn't so much about CO2 as it is about the inability of the planet to accommodate the number of people we have produced.

Of course Mother Nature will make the adjustment to bring things back to equilibrium - and we probable will not agree with her solution.

Truman

Karen Everhart wrote:
Hi Jessica,
Just FYI - if the current bill is passed, then NO HORSES will legally go to Mexico or Canada. Yes, there will always be some who will lie, cheat and steal, to get the horses over the border......
It is also important to know that it is not the vocal minority pushing this legislation. Recent polls tell us that the majority of Americans do not support slaughter.
Karen Everhart MEd
President
Rainbow Meadows Rescue and Retirement, Inc.
www.rainbowmeadowsranch.com <http://www.rainbowmeadowsranch.com>
620-725-3402

--

“Since when have we Americans been expected to bow submissively to authority and speak with awe and reverence to those who represent us?” Justice William O. Douglas