[RC] Do gooders ,dogs...........grrrrr - L gin

Interesting how it all depends on where you live.---- I knew I'd have problems with just this on our new property. Our old acreage had field fence which, kept most dogs out---The ones who dug under,and the neighbor was a gun collector adn practiced weekly----sooo I shout up and got a donkey.The dogs got nabbed once by Eeyore and they didn't come chasing my colt again. Most neighbors kind of kept their dogs up . We also had an invisible fence and one of my terriers got out one day, his battery was dead and the neighbors boy shot him practically in front of me. His dad said the other neighbor said he could shoot thier dogs-- the son had to pay our vet bill.
At the new place, I got the neighbors dogs let out to run occasioanally and they come dig big holes to get to the snakes?-- in my pastrure. Then I have renters right next to my arena with small dogs outside loose. If they dont' fence them soon, the coyotes will get them or as Molly said someone will shoot them. I got one with a water hose today when he came thru the fence and towards me. I like dogs but chase them off when they come under the fence ---one of us is going to get hurt if they come into the arena, so I scare them off .
I am replacing the fence with field fence, so they have to go at least 500, feet to go around it. and may hot wire the bottom of the arena.My pasture is Ramm hot braid and the donkey resides there, which protects the horses somewhat.
Everyone in NW Ga. lets dogs run free... I got them pooping everywhere, I even tripped while clearing a brushy area and fell butt first into someones dog poop, (12 acres and I find the dog poo) Theres 5 pitbulls chained by one house, I was picking up old trash in a wooded buffer section I am going to keep and realised as they barked that I had neither my cell phone or knife with me... Between the loose dogs, rattlesnakes, coyotes, I will be gettting a pistol,, just gotta find one that fits my hand , but still can take out varmits. My palm is wide, but fingers are short.
I'd hate to shoot a dog, but the people here go get a dog, then let it roam and cause trouble, till it disappears or get run over, then they bring home another....-------But if dog came after me, or my animals I'd take it out if I could. In Ga. you have a right to protect you and your animals, but -----stealth----- or obvious self defense is prudent.
Don't get me started about the toddlers outside with no adults in sight, right next to the barb wire fence and street... I am replacing fences to protect the neighbors kids and my animals..... to try and advert problems

Find a local pizza place, movie theater, and more?.then map the best route! http://maps.live.com/?icid=hmtag1&FORM=MGAC01